We are looking for a student to work very part-time hours (two 3 hours shifts per week) at our South Elmsley location. The job involves library work and helping people use the MakerSpace. Here is a full job description. Please apply to email@example.com with your resume by 5 p.m. September 29, 2023. Contact Vicki by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 613-359-5334 for further information or accommodation. We will not be able to contact all candidates for an interview but thank you in advance for your interest.
- All branches CLOSED Monday September 4th for Labour Day
- Wednesday 6th: Fun Art Paint Parties workshop for adults. Create hanging fall decor. Registration Required. South Elmsley Hall, $55, 6PM
- Family programs start back up in branch
- Friday 15th: Hike up your socks, it’s the RLPL charity Golf Tournament!
- Monday 18th: After School Program for grades 7-9. Spaces limited, registration required. 2:15-4pm, Elgin branch
- Wednesday 20th: Library Yoga starts up. 5:30-7pm, Elgin Hall
- Thursday 28th: The Friends of the Library present: “Are you There God? It’s Me, Margaret”, a free movie matinee. Drop in! 1-3pm, Elgin Hall
- Friday 29th: Kid’s Free Play Friday. Kids are picked up from South Crosby Public School, Registration Required. 4-5:30pm, Elgin Hall
- Saturday 30th: National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
perched on the flame tree,
a red-vented Bulbul.”
― Meeta Ahluwalia
- Monday 7th: All branches CLOSED for the civic holidays
- Thursday 10th: Teen Thursdays presents “Scavenger: A Murder Mystery” Registration Required. Elgin Hall, 1-3pm
- Wednesday 9th: Fun Art Paint Party workshop for adults. Create a unique piece for your home. Registration Required. Old Town Hall, Delta, $45, 1-3PM
- Wednesday 16th: Kid’s Movie Matinee, “Super Mario Movie”. Drop in, school aged children can be dropped off 1:30-3:30pm, Elgin Hall
- Saturday 19th: TD Summer Reading Club CARNIVAL DAY. Bring in your reading tallies and exchange to play! contact email@example.com. Elgin Hall, 10am-12noon
- Thursday 24: The Friends of the Library present “Champions”. No registration required, Elgin Hall, 1-3pm
Welcome to July at the Rideau Lakes Public Library folks! It’s going to be a whirlwind of a month!
- Saturday 1st: All branches CLOSED for Canada Day!
- TD Summer Reading Club kicks off, see kid’s programming for details
- Elgin Days! Giant RLPL Book Sale in Elgin Hall Saturday 8th, 9am-2pm
- Wednesday 5th: Kid’s Movie Matinee, “Strange World”. Drop-in program, school aged children can be dropped off. 1:30-3:30pm, Elgin Hall
- Thursday 27: The Friends of the Library present “Christmas in Paradise”, 1-3pm. Recommended for adults. No registration required, Elgin Hall
Rideau Lakes Public Library is an inclusive, welcoming space to all members of and visitors to the Rideau Lakes community. We stand alongside our neighbouring public libraries in Lanark, Leeds and Grenville to affirm the message of diversity, equity and inclusivity in our collections and programs. We encourage everyone to be part of the celebration this Pride month!