The Library has public access computer stations at all of its 5 branches. We also provide free Wi-Fi high speed access at all branches.
- Elgin/Main 3 Stations & 1 Kid’s Computer
- Delta 1 Station & 1 Laptop
- North Crosby-Newboro 1 Station
- Portland 2 Stations & 1 Kid’s Computer
- South Elmsley 2 Stations
Our Kid’s computers feature a variety of fun and educational programs but no internet access.
Public computers are equipped with various Internet browsers, Microsoft Office software, USB plugins, media players, image viewers and editors. They are also connected to colour and black & white printers.
At certain, busy times of the year, such as the summer, you may want to call the branch ahead to reserve a computer.
Public Access Computer Policies
- Children 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult in order to use the Internet.
- No downloads or changes are to be made to our public access computers.
- Our computers are not to be used for illegal purposes or individuals will be subject to police investigation.
- You may bring your own USB or buy one, if available, at the desk.
- We charge for printing so please check for current prices
- Remember that this is a public access computer so nothing will be stored on it when you leave the library.
Photocopying & Printing
Black & White: .25 per page
Colour: .50 per page
Local: 1st page $1.00
Additional pages .50 per page
Long Distance: 1st page $2.00
Additional pages .80 per page