At Rideau Lakes Public Library we value you as a library member, your access to information and the safety of our community. As CEO/Chief Librarian I want to let all of our members know that we are following the emergency measures taken by all levels of government and recommendations from public health authorities.
For this reason, all of our branches remain temporarily closed. Your library staff is working tirelessly behind the scenes, from home, to continue to deliver the best service and programming in novel and creative ways. We are all doing our part to keep our community safe in trying to limit the short and long-term impacts of the Covid-19 virus.
Please note that during this time:
- we are offering eCollections and virtual programs
- Wifi continues to be available outside of all branches
- dropboxes are available for returning items but you are welcome to keep items at your home in the interim
- any outstanding or overdue items will be renewed
- any fines on DVDs will be forgiven
- the holds feature on our online catalogue is not available at this time
You are able to check out eBooks, eAudiobooks, music and more with our fantastic e-collections : Overdrive/Libby, Hoopla & Flipster Contact us at email@example.com if you are having difficulty logging in or can’t access your PIN.
We will continue to look to public health officials and our municipal partners to assess the changing situation. We will let you know of any further changes through http://www.rlpl.ca, our newsletter, and social media sites.
Thanks for your ongoing support and patience during challenging times. We’re all in this together and we will get through it together.
Vicki Stevenson, CEO firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 359-5334 (temporary reduced office hour Friday mornings 10 – 11 a.m.)